Sunday, May 19, 2013

I did a 5k...again

These posts are going to be out of order until I catch up...
I'll start with the 5k, Babay! I love running! HA! That's a joke. I do not like running. But I do love free stuff. (which really isn't free, but I keep telling myself it is) I do like 5ks.
 I usually get up the morning of the race and always whine wondering why I signed up for a dang race and why they have to be so early in the morning. By the way whenever I say run I mean jog. Lets be honest here....I do not run.

 Everyone that knows me knows that I am not a morning person.
 *I can stay up until 2 or 3 some nights. Well, if I am tired I also start falling off of couches and saying really weird stuff..*

I knew about this race 2 months before...ok even a little before that. A 5k is only 3.5 miles about. I have not been running this whole year. So the week of...Monday I got all ready and went for a jog and got.....uhh a little over a mile.


Not excited to go jogging.
 Guess what happened after I went running? I got sick. I mean a bad cold in my chest. I lost my voice the next day. (bet none of you could imagine me speechless ;) ) Sick the whole week. I felt miserable and then I was not allowed to jog at all because I refuse to go to the doctor and she said I would get pneumonia or even more sick. So I walked the whole race. -_-


My cousin Michelle did it with me. It was so fun to have someone to do the race with. She walked it with me because it was her very first race. :) She did awesome. We got medals and everything. 
Coolest part was that our medals got screwed up and so the company gave some money back and 
our race people donated it to help Boston. Pretty awesome!

Guess what else?! I wont this bag in the raffle. It's so cute and holds so much stuff.

OH! My parents are awesome and come support me and my siblings in everything we do. I called them to late and although they missed me finish they took pictures and were there afterwards. They then wanted to go to Bear World which was just down the street, and was half price for Mother's Day! Woo!

 Ok those pills I took in the morning were great and lasted until after the race. I really am miserable here and could not breathe. You may not be able to tell because I am such a nerd.


AHHH!



My window was up...or was it?
.
Well then the rest of my weekend once again went back to Netflix and Apple juice.


That's embarrassing ^^
Well if any of you want to do a race but are not really runners. Do it! The best part of the race is being able to say that you have done it, and I promise you that you will not be the last runner no matter how slow you are. There are always walkers ok. 

Photobucket

No comments: