Friday, June 28, 2013

"Life is a playground, and I am looking for someone to play with"





Ha! You cannot tell me that did not make you laugh a little bit? This video right now has absolutely nothing to do with this post other than I am tired and it made me laugh, hard. I will throw something in later that has to do with it I am sure.

What have I done with my life as of lately?

First though, Want to hear a quick story?! I know you do because I am pretty sure that is one of the top perks about me is my good/funny/embarrassing stories I tell that usually happen first hand. I have no shame. But probably won't be a quick story. I lie.

The other day I was out to lunch and saw an old friend from high school that had just got back from his mission. I was about to go say hi, when I realized 1. I am out to lunch with my parents (No offense, still love you) 2. I was wearing crap clothes, not literally but almost. They were covered in ink and just was not a good look at all 3. My hair... I can't remember if it was just down and got wrestled with by the wind that day or if I pulled it up into a tight, well I didn't care to do my hair look. 4. I did not put on much makeup. When I don't put on makeup, I look like a older child. (ok, I may or may not use that to my advantage some days when I need to look younger) Soooo continuing my story I dive behind the salad bar. I mean I possibly squatted down and thought about crawling back to the table like the mature 21 year old I am. Annnyways... I decided well hells bells, I can't get out of this one. I'll eventually be seen.

Random facts about Jessica (Squirrel again!) I don't like doing my hair or makeup, like at all. Nope. I like it when it is done but it takes to much time and effort and honestly I am always running late to everything anyways. In my defense I do love my sleep.  Reason number one I like going to Walmart at one in the morning, nobody is there; that is unless you are buying tampons, then Oprah, Dr. Phil, and the whole gang is there and they all just want to be best friends with you that night. Cue the fake smile and I hate my life(exaggerate much? Yes) as I  walk away looking in my phone screen thinking "hey! At least there is no food in my teeth."
Which leads to reason number two.[This all will somehow tie to my story probably, ehhh maybe not.] I know a lot of people, I mean a lot. Some people are way to social and I have to admit, I am one of those ppl.  I have quite a few close friends and it is a constant struggle going out (sarcasm mucho) and seeing people I know all the time because that once a week I actually do get ready for the day, I don't see anyone. Hey! No judging because I work at my dad's store and am usually late for work, in the back stripping screens, so any makeup I wear or if I do my hair it gets ruined anyways.(gotta throw in excuses somewhere)

Ok my point of these facts is: If I see you somewhere in the middle of the week and I look frump and pretend to don't see you or you wave and I just walk by like I was looking at my phone. (Thank you inventor of cell phones for making things semi less awkward in life!) It is not me being rude, Ok it is a little rude. But know I still love you. We will just say it is not you, it's me.

Back to my story...
I am getting my food trying to be as normal as possible and not draw attention to myself and I trip over air kind of (Fffail! No worries though I didn't face plant or anything) and hear "JESSICA!!!" So I do that whole  pretend I didn't see him thing. and he runs over and gives me a huge hug. Here is how our convo sorta went.

Me: Ohhh my gosh hey! You work here?
Him: Yeah, I haven't been here long.
Me: So, I was going to come to your homecoming but I don't know what happened, I must have had a lot going on that day.(psh a lot going on, on Sunday. It was probably a nine am ward and I wanted to sleep in) When did you get back a few months ago?
Him: December
Me: Ohhhhh, right. Half a year ago.
Him:  Yeah! What are you up to? Are you married? What's going on? Are you going to school?...?
Me:  HA! Ummm I work for my dad, I quit school. No degree. Don't know what I am doing in life. Nope not married. Awesome life right here...
Him: (Awkward face) Ohhh well... that has got to be fun working for your dad and you will figure things out...
Me: Yeahhh, probably not. But, how was the mission? Enjoy all that Jesus time?
Him:  HAha! Yes, it was the best thing I have ever done. I loved it and miss it so much. You shou...
Me: Don't tell me I should go on a mission! -_- My sister is on a mission in Canada. I feel she is representing the family well... (Holla to my sister)
Him: Ha! Ok, well missions aren't for everyone.  That's awesome she is serving a mission...... ......... .........
Me: Well I have to go eat lunch with my parents and get back to my exciting (said in sarcastic voice always) life. It was good seeing you.

*Ending convo quickly because my lunch buddies :) (ohjoy)were watching me and awkwardly walking over by me. I tell you, if you are talking to a guy, perhaps a cute guy. Bring your parents I tell ya'! It Boosts that wind blown hair, self Assteem right on up. HAHA! I love you mom and dad.

Point of story.....

  1. I feel like a fail and have not done anything successful in the last two years (2 colleges, no degrees...) Suck I dream big. It's ok though because when I cry at night (joke) I think about how it's not bad living with my parents because neither of us are ever home and I don't have to pay rent and they don't smell funny. That's always a plus, right. Holla at my parents for having good hygiene!
  2. I work for my dad and it is a job. I may not like it because it gets you all messy and you cannot look presentable after being there(sorry Bob) but it is a job, and I am thankful for it, most days.;)
  3.  I quit college! Woo! But seriously did we honestly think I would like college and go to class when I would barely get out of bed to go to high school, which was the easiest waste of my day? The answer we can all say out loud is no.

I feel like typing all of that was a huge waste of time and it is four in the morning and I am not all the way awake and not even sure I will remember what I typed tomorrow. But if you don't want to read all of that and ask yourself what did I just waste the last few minutes of my life reading..Jess you looney!

Short Version.

  • Life is lameeeeee! 
  •  I need to stop looking like a slob and get ready so I don't end up being on a dating sight like those creeps are in that video up top. Shoot me!
  • In September I am doing a 10 week dental assistant program. Woo!!! 
  • First Saturday I am not going to a wedding. *Squirrel* I have 2 that I am suppose to be at but I am tired of them and this week I am not feeling it. I cannot eat anymore wedding cake and keep standing there like an idiot when the bouquet of flowers hit me or comes right at me and I close my eyes or stand there like a doofus not reaching for it while all those desperate girls jump for it. Fact I have been hit in the face with those bouquets. Some of my peeps have good arms. Pointless tradition if you ask me, just pointless. You know what that means if you catch it right?! There is no hope haha.
I'll post another update with pics later sometime this week. 

Happy Birthday Michelle, Katie, Brinn, Krysta...

Have a great week all of you! 

No comments: