So I went to Utah again. I love visiting some of my favorite people in Utah and I go crazy if I do not leave town almost every month. I went this year for the 24th of July. My friend's that live there sleep out on the parade route every year and told me I had to come do it with them. Well any excuse to come down :)
There are tons of pics on this post but I will tell you about my trip then explain in the captions what is actually going on in the pictures below.
Wednesday- I drove down to Utah after work at little before lunch time, and with all the construction made it there around dinner time. I met up with Krysta at her house, and swapped cars around while Katee saved our spot at the parade route with nothing but her purse and body to guard our spot haha. We met everyone down town SLC and we were hungry so Krysta stayed and me, Katee, and Jasmine went on the tracks and got food. First off me and Katee should not be the ones to go get everyone food. We can never ever decide on anything. It took forever for use to decide where to eat. It was really hot and my feet were already blistered from all the walking. Note to Self: Do not wear flip flops to the parade route.We made it back and ate and ended up playing some really fun games with more people that showed up. We sat next to a Polynesian family which was hilarious. They had so many kids everywhere and I need to marry a Polynesian, they are so beautiful. Anywho, the parade route... I was just in shock of all the families with little kids sleeping on the street. Well we didn't do much sleeping. Steve gave me a ride on his Harley. It was soo fun! I love motorcycle rides. Don't worry mom he made me wear the helmet. :P We finally all layed down around two and I woke up a few times because of how hot it was and no pillow. It was a tad un-comfy. Next year I am taking a matress. Thursday-The parade was really fun, so much better than Idaho's. My favorite part was seeing Uchtdorf. I make fun of people all the time that get excited over seeing someone in the church but I saw him coming and started screaming like a girl at a concert! He was so close it was awesome! Who doesn't love him?! Well after the parade we went home, showered, and got ready for the day. It was around lunch time so me and Katee went and did some shopping, went and got food, and drove to get tickets for the Bee's game that night. Then we went and ate ice cream with my friends; Laurel, Zach, and Andie. I love them they are such fun people to hang out with and they have such a cute smiley little girl. We went to the Bees game after that and we had pretty good box seats for cheap. We told ourselves we had to get a hot dog cuz we were at a baseball game, even though we were soo full already. Then I saw my favorite; Dippin' Dots! I had to get some. My stomach was ready to explode. We waited in line forever for the biggest hot dogs I have ever seen in my life. The guy in front of us finished his whole beer and I finished all my Dippin Dots and we were still waitng. Probably half an hour no joke. We became quite good friends with the guy in front of us haha. So we payed for the way overpriced hot dog and both of us could not even eat half. Fail. The Bee's won! Wooo! It was hard for us to keep our eyes open from the lack of sleep. I do love baseball though. The firework show was after that and was so AMAZING! I liked it better than the IF one on the 4th it was so cool being so close. They open up the field and you can go sit on it and watch. We decided it has to be a tradition. I for sure am going next year.
Friday- I was suppose to go to Orem and visit some friends but they ended up having work and school and I didn't want to leave for home way late cuz I had work the next morning. We decided to go to Temple Square. I am getting back into Photography so I brought my camera and my friend's wanted me to take their pictures. It was really really hot and we were still all pretty tired but the pictures ended up looking good. I have missed taking pictures.
I wanted to go to the top of the Conference Center and Church office building cuz I had not been in them since I was a kid. We got in the elevator at the Conference Center and tried to push the 4 button. The lady in the elevator told us we couldn't go up there without a key. Well the elevator ended up opening at the 4th level and we walked out (a tour was coming down) We started walking around taking pictures and a man came out and asked if he could take our pic for us. So we let him and he went back inside. A few minutes later he came out and asked where our tour guide was. I told him we didn't have one. He was so confused on how we got up here and said well security is going to come up here soon and wants to know why you don't have a tour guide. So I said can we just go stand next to those ppl with a tour guide. We don't want a tour. He said yeah just go stand next to ppl so it looks like you have one. So we did a few minutes, then got bored and went inside to talk to him and went and took our pictures.
Best Part:Visiting with friends/catching up on their lives.
Worst Part: I got a ticket on the way home. 90 Dollars!
Sorry the pics are all out of order :/
 |
| View from the Conference Center |
 |
| Conference Center |
 |
| The grounds crew studying flowers haha |
 |
| Trysta is not the best photographer haha |
Just so everyone knows, they got ready and all cute this day. I threw on a t-shirt and was not. Actually they made fun of my outfit which is why it is not fully in any pictures haha!
 |
| View from Church Office Building |
 |
| Still addicted to Fuze! |
 |
| Construction in Utah of course... right from the border |
 |
| Rush Hour? |
 |
| This whole trip was hot and there was not much sleep |
 |
| We seemed to always end up waiting everywhere |
 |
| Mexican food...not smart when sleeping on a parade route |
 |
| Matte Blue! I am in love! |
 |
| 1 Am walking around |
 |
| Playing games |
 |
| People act weird w/no sleep |
 |
| Sleeping |
 |
| Not really sleeping |
 |
| Random guy holding bird outside game |
 |
| Bees |
 |
| Dippin Dots :) |
 |
| So long! |
 |
| AHHH! UCHTDORF! |
So working with the missionaries they still had to text me every day and make sure I read a verse.I tried to give them the excuse I was on vacation and they didn't let that slide at all. Krysta was around the second day they texted me and she picked out this verse for me.
It's crazy how scriptures that you really need at the time seem to come up. While in Utah I had really spiritual and good talks with both Trysta and Kitee about our past mistakes/lessons learned and trials we are going through now, and how they know what I am going through and gave me some good advice. I am so lucky to have them in my life. They are always there for me. Krysta ended up giving me a B.O.M. and writing some amazing things in it. I didn't read it until I got home. It was really awesome. Thanks ladies!
 |
| Eating....again |
 |
| I want that cool water holder |
 |
| Firework show! |
 |
| 101 degrees! Oy! |
 |
| The temple is so pretty! |
No comments:
Post a Comment