Here is an email we just got from Andrew.
I’m in Culiacan. I’m not coming home. I’m in the offices. You have to call me for Christmas I’ll write you the number and the day at the end. My leg feels fine it is really hard to think that it is broken. I don’t have a cast anymore. They didn’t do a good job so I was walking one day with my crutches and I stepped up and fell back on to my cast. It didn’t hurt, but I broke the bottom out of it. It wasreally late on Saturday night and there wasn’t anything open but the hospitals and they are really hard to get in to. I called hermana Johnston to see if she would let me cut it off. I figured she would say no but she said if its already broken I could. So I got a serrated steak knife from the kitchen and put my leg up on my lap and I cut off my cast. It took about half an hour but I didn’t cut my self. I am doing finethough it doesn’t hurt to walk and the doctor said the fissure is in a really stable place so I am going to walk on it for a while but the hermana probably will make me go get a walking cast. Even though she let me cut off my own cast she is really good to me she takes really good care of me and worries allot. They even gave me the van. I am the first missionary with a car in this mission as far as I know. I do like Culiacan. It is ok. It’s better than Mazatlan. The president says I will be here three weeks at least, but I’m going to try to talk him in to letting me go back at the end of this week. I’ve spent a lot of time with them this week. Also with the Michlesons. President Michleson is from Idaho falls and is a seventy and president of the area in Mexico. He was here for the week visiting. Hermana Johnston said that she really likes my parents because they didn't want me to come home. She was very impressed. I think I am one of the favorites now as well. You are supposed to call at 4 in the afternoon the 24th if it doesn't work don't worry I can call you and then you can call back. I think I get half an hour. I really don'tlike that the church won't pay for it but whatever. Who ever wants to can come. The hermana Johnston told me just to talk and tell you everything I can because you just like hearing my voice again. Be patient with the box. I know it got sent. I'm not going to tell you when the next one gets sent so you won’t hassle me. I was going to buy a camera today but I didn't have the chance. I have enough money on my card to buy one. I did get your second package. Thanks for the stuff. I got to tell you though that the book of Mormon in Spanish is the same one we give away. I do appreciate the thought and the triple. Those are harder to come by I gave the last one away to magdeleno a recent convert. I do like giving those out after people get baptized. I really miss my ranch. I don't like the city. I really loved Ahome. I hope that I will get to go back. The girls in Culiacan are more pretty though. They are famous for the prettiest girls in all Mexico. That is pretty much the whole state of Sinaloa, but I’ve seen the whole state and the girls in Mazatlan are ugly, and in mochis they are pretty but not as pretty as in Culiacan. Oh well the weather here is really nice it's about 75 I think, but I’m in an office all day finding things to do. That’s really weird that Blaine is married. I wish I could have been there. Oh well I love you and I miss you and I hope Christmas is going well. It really doesn't feel like Christmas with all the palm trees and Mexicans. I bought a bunch of shrimp and onions and tomatoes and cucumbers and stuff to make cevice for Christmas. It’s that raw shrimp tomatoes soup that I like. It’s not very christmasy but it's what I like best here. Anyway hand out my email make sure no one forgets about me and write more next week please. Everyone says that the letters stop coming after a year, and when you have three months left, you don’t get anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment