Monday, October 17, 2011

I have an ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Someone is engaged!?! Not I! My Brother is engaged. We were going to go to Utah for Frightmares in Lagoon like we do every year but we could not get tickets, so we decided to just go to Gardner Village because mom loves that place especially since it is all decorated for her favorite holiday Halloween. I will just tell you about the trip before I get to the proposal. :)


First we stopped at this store called Smith and Edwards. I don't really know how to even describe it. Manly...Salvation Army......uhhh? It has everything well for the men and some cool girl stuff too. I did find this stylin hat which I did not buy. Sexy huh!? pshhhhh maybe if I were a hunter/cowboy then this would be my dream hat.

Next we stopped at Gardner Village. Mom loves this place. It is a bunch of old houses with stores in them, in West Jordan, Utah. They decorate the whole village for Halloween and Christmas it is so cute. We always have to go see it. We didn't realize that it was Witch Palooza that night. Oh dear! So many ladies were dressed up as witches and it was ridiculously crowded. It was fun to see though.

*Personal Thought that should be kept in my head but won't be: People in Utah do not either realize how fat they are OR they do not realize when their spandex has reached their limit. OH the poor children!*
I did not do good at taking the picture here but I will explain...there were all these little  children playing around and there were dads on every side watching or sitting around waiting for their wives to shop. 
 Note to Men: Don't go to Gardner Village. It is cutesy crap fun that you will not enjoy. 

See pretty? Sorry these pictures really are bad. I don't do well with so many people around me in my bubble when I am trying to take pictures.

Dad loves Gardner Village ;)


Next Andrew wanted to go to the Hogle Zoo but he said it was probably closed. We went to This Is The Place instead which is across the street. Ya' know the place where Brigham Young said This is The Place haha I am funny I know....not really. Ok so we didn't wan to pay to get in so we used the bathrooms, walked around, looked around the store, and sat. We were killing time before dinner.






EEEK!! I am so excited my favorite part of the night. (Hey I was not the one getting engaged :D )
TUCANOS!!! Brazilian Grill
If you have not been there go! Well if you are not broke go there because it is not the cheapest place around. You start with an all you can eat salad bar then you have a Cue that you turn over to green. Then you have 2 waiters that will bring you different meats and grilled pineapple on skewers and cut them off for you right there and they keep coming until you turn it to red. So good! I don't even like meat that much but it was really good. I loved it. 

Sorry it is dark. I forgot my camera so I had to take this picture with my phone. Me holding the cue!


Alright the part you have all been waiting for......The Proposal. :) I don't have all the details yet but I'll tell you what I know. So we went to Temple Square and the 4 of us not Andrew and Becca went in the building to go to the bathroom and told them we would meet up with them later. Good plan huh? Was not even obvious they were going off alone. Now Becca did not have a clue he was going to propose to her that night because he kept telling her he had not talked to her dad yet and that she shouldn't expect him to propose tonight because he doesn't even have the ring blah blah blah. So she had no clue. We were not eating at that pricey restaurant just for nothing. :) Anyways.... the four of us went and sat down by a pond and listened to a Scottish man play the bagpipe. It was so beautiful to hear and only a few other people were there. Well I wanted to be nosey so me and mom got up to walk because I am not patient at all. When we got up to go we see Andrew and Becca coming around the corner. Becca was on the phone holding her left hand up smiling. She saw us and ran over and screamed "I'm engaged!" Then she showed us her ring and I told her it was so cute then Andrew being him said you have already seen it and I said I know but it is still cute. We drove home and listened to her as she called all her family telling them the great news. They are both just so cute and excited.

Andrew Hart and Becca Ard
will be married on
December 17, 2011. 
Portland, Oregon Temple.
Open house will be in Idaho Falls sometime after that.

I didn't really take a good picture of them so I stole this off her Facebook. :) 


Oh and many people have asked me if I like Becca. Haha you people think I have a strong opinion or something. No I don't like her. I love her! She is such a sweet heart. Very shy at first but perfect for Andrew. She brings out the nice side of him. I'm so exited to get another sister. 

Congrats Lovers!

No comments: